Monday, February 23, 2009

Water

My first post regards water. Since I've been travelling, I've tasted water from a lot of places! Some good, some not so good, some had particles floating in it, others not. Some quite cold right out of the tap (Yukon, because of the permafrost) and others warm. I've even drank water from streams and rivers, when necessary. Travelling has made me realize how vital water is and how vital good water is. So, it has made my quest for good, pure water important to me. And my study of it, fascinating.


It is in cities and towns, where my most concern is because chlorine is used to disinfect the water and flouride is used for our teeth. Where I am now, in the Okanagan Valley, there is no flouride, so I use a flouride toothpaste every now and then, or my teeth start getting sensitive to hot and cold. Where there is flouride, I use flouride-free toothpaste. So it balances out.


Moon Water and Sun Water - Chlorine free!
For the chlorine, this is what I've been doing lately, and it's great!

I fill a couple of gallon glass jars (or any large glass jar) and let it sit out overnight in the moonlit or during the day in the sunlight. This evaporates the chlorine. A customer at the cafe I worked at mentioned once about letting his water sit in the sun to infuse it with Vitamin D. Vitamin D helps break down calcium in the body so it is used more easily. Also, Vitamin D helps with keeping our mood up, so we don't fall into Seasonal Affective Disorders. So I've been doing this, even if there is clouds, I think some Vitamin D is infused into my water during the day. Overnight, moon rays go into my water.

Steeping tea in the moon rays or sun rays is an ancient way to make tea. So why not make good water? I also put my jars of water on a L.O.V.E Charger that my Mom sent me. http://www.wishforlove.com/ The Laws of Vibrational Energy help the water form beautiful crystals which helps make it good for the body.

Drinking 'wild' water
If you are camping or out in the woods and need water (like I've experienced in the wilderness of BC) you need to take a few precautions before drinking. Many people talk about parasites in the water from animal dung, for example. In BC, ranchers put their cattle in the mountains for a natural pasture and let them roam (to an extent). So the water that flows down from the top may have parasites in it from the dung. Some parasites cannot be seen and some are odorless. If you are concerned in any way here are some natural ways to purify water:

*Bring water to a boil
We've heard 10 minutes is the norm. From survival shows, I've heard that just bringing water to a boil helps to erradicate parasites. Helps with some parasites, though not all.

*Oil of Oregano
(at least 75% carcavrol) has anti-parasitic qualities. Put a couple of drops in the water before drinking it.
My recommendations, both are Certified Organic
Hedd Wyn made locally in BC (Denman Island). It's also the least expensive in all the ones I've seen. http://www.wildoiloforegano.com/
St. Francis Farm in Ontario. http://www.stfrancisherbfarm.com/product.aspx?ID=29

*Silver and a 9-volt battery
Attached with alligator clips, one to the battery and one to a piece of Silver.
Put the silver in the water. This is supposed to purify water, though haven't tried it yet.


Many problems and dis-eases in the body today are from dehydration. Tea, coffee and fruit juices don't count, even though they contain water. Hydration is healing, and good water is a foundation for health and wellbeing. In my blessing of meals, I now include gratitude for the clean, pure water we have here in Canada.
Masaru Emoto has a new book called "The Healing Power of Water", it's wonderful!

Happy drinking, thankful drinking.
Pam

Here is a web source in case you want to verify and check out more about chlorine evaporation:
To get rid of the chlorine in water, put it in an open wide-mouth container and allow it to sit overnight. The chlorine will evaporate into the air. Also, you can add a tiny pinch of vitamin C powder or a piece of vitamin C tablet to chlorinated water just before use. The vitamin C will bond with the chlorine and create a harmless salt, causing the smell and taste of the chlorine to vanish. In a rush, blending chlorinated water in a blender for 15 minutes will also remove the chlorine. (from http://weblife.org/water.html)



No comments:

Post a Comment